Our client provides power and gas hedging services to commercial clients, and they are looking for an Energy Trader to analyse market signals and execute trades on behalf of their clients.
Our Client is a long-established Energy Broker & Consultancy that strives to build trusted, long-term partnerships and helps clients reduce and control their energy costs and carbon emissions.
- Pricing and managing power and gas trades in UK gas and power retail market
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness in reacting to the latest market movement
- Reconcile trades, update client trading position and respond to billing queries
- Updating clients on key industry information
- Releasing regular market commentary
- Producing billing and reconciling cost of commodity reports.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience in trading UK power and gas retail markets
- Solid understanding of power and gas fundamentals modelling and analysis
- Proven track record of translating fundamental analysis and quantitative modelling into trading opportunities
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the dynamics of power and gas trades
- Good business-building and communication skills
- Initiative and resourcefulness to problem-solve
- Interest and understanding of energy markets and commodities
- Focused on building long-term relationships.
- Rewarding salary with added KPI bonus and further opportunities to progress with fast developing company
- Company pension and flexible working
- Company events – recent successful events include trips to Valencia, Croatia, Berlin, Portugal
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee mentoring programme
- Relocation assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme